 Local / United States / Arizona / 24
Re: Possibilites of AZ AFOL Meeting (was: Re: AFOLs in AZ - Add to the list)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 01:11:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Jason Ellis writes:
I think a meeting of the AZ AFOLs would be a great idea.  I looked over the
posts for the last couple of months of those that have posted in .az and
here are the numbers, we have 4 from the East Valley, 1 from the West
Valley, 1 from Prescott, and 2 in Tucson, and 1 unknown (Matt Marshall
replied recently, well July, if you want to call that recent, to a post but
all he said was that he was in AZ).  So that totals up to 9 of us here in
AZ.  The greatest proportion of us are in the East Valley, so I vote that if
we have a get together we do it on the East Side (but I'm also biased since
I live in Mesa).

So anyone interested????

Hmm, I guess I've sort of taken the lead to try and plan something judging
by this post.

Great!
Thanks for taking the lead on this ;-)

You should consider some more investigation:
1) check through users on Brickbay - they register by state.
2) check LUGNET members, it's optional, but maybe it's somewhere to be found
by searching
3) Check older posts to this newsgroup
4) check anyone selling LEGO on EBAY who hails from AZ
5) force me to check my BAYLIT customer logs

Then:
A) Compile your emial list
B) Announce the gathering to the list, and POST whereever's appropriate in
LUGNET
C) Solicit volunteers for hosting this thing - yourself?
D) Get people to commit to what they might bring / share / or want to do / theme
E) Once you have a place get a date, or a few options and canvass the group
for the best data / time.
F) Arrange snacks / space / etc with the hoster
G) Hold the thing.

-Jon