 Local / United Kingdom / England / 13
Re: Too few UK'ers, so an agreement amongst all English ones to post here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk.en
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 06:48:17 GMT

Disreagard this message. I wrote it last week from work and couldn't post at
the time.

Huw Millington wrote in message ...

Richard wrote in message ...
What do you say, with no more than 2 dozen of us, rather than
posting to our locality, here would be better, wouldn't you
all agree????

To start with, yes.

I had some input to the list of NGs for the UK (although I didn't know the
list I was looking at was to be used for that purpose). If I had known I
would have suggested that a much smaller list would be sufficient to cover
just regions:

South
Midlands
North
Wales
Scotland
N.Ireland

Given that the area called 'south' is equivalent to a tiny fraction of
somwehere like Texas going beyond that seems unnecessary. What do you • think?

Being in on the Sussex/Kent/Surrey border, 20 miles from London, I would
need to tune in to 4 NGs, when IMHO 1 would be sufficient.

Huw