 Local / United Kingdom / 988
Re: SW MIS Droid Kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 17:28:47 GMT

I think I have the same catalogue as Richard - it came with a TRU Star Wars
"Gold Card"..

The catalogue has the release date as 'late August'.

Interestingly the catalogue doesn't contain prices for any product - maybe
the prices hadn't been fixed at the time the catalogue was printed, or they
are allowing for regional variations...

So what is the Micro Scout? The text seems to imply that it has sensors and
motors built in, which suggests it's more like the CyberMaster control brick
rather than the 'real' Mindstorms RCX brick, even though the kit is being
marketed under the Mindstorms banner

Incidentally the Yoda backpack on page 16 of the TRU catalogue is *so*
cool...

I saw The Phantom Menace on Tuesday and I loved it!

--
Colin
numbersix@freshfroot.freeserve.co.uk

Huw Millington <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message
Sounds like the same pictures as the EB catalogue I got last week. Sorry, • I
should have offered to scan it then.

What's TRU's price?

Huw

Richard Dee <richard.dee@virgin.net> wrote in message
I actually have a picture of it in front of me, from the UK
TRU SW catalogue, but  not the means to scan it until tomorrow!
Sorry!
However, 3 models are pictured:
Jedi Apprentice: R2D2
Jedi Knight:Some odd looking droid
Jedi Master:Battle droid & STAP
Plus a picture of the "Micro Scout," text follows:
The Micro Scout is a smart LEGO(R) microcomoputer that
acts as the brain of your droids! Using the Micro Scout,
you can program your droids to do what you want them to. With
built-in light sensors, motors and sound, the Micro Scout
allows you to bring your droids to life.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888