 Local / United Kingdom / 956
Re: supplier to Finland?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 19:20:43 GMT

In article <FEzEKM.5A8@lugnet.com>, martin.nErdelen@ZZZkolumbus.fi says...

<SNIP

(Not to give Finland a bad reputation LEGOwise, though: today saw the • Technics
Towtruck 8462 and the Submarine 8299 in the bargain bin. I think a preemptive
strike is indicated, don't you agree? Go for the Truck? :-)

I'd definitely go for the truck, (I have two) great wheels, LOADS of
pneumatics, lots of other good basic Technic parts. An ideal companion to a
Mindstorms set too if you want to experiment with pneumatics.

The sub is also a nice set, and is much cheaper, but has not so many
good Technic parts or pneumatics (only one cylinder) but does have some
nice yellow bits. - That's if you like yellow, I do :)

Don't worry about giving Finland a bad name, these sets have been quite
heavily discounted in the UK and other parts of the world too.

Regards, Dave.

--
         \|||/
         /   \