 Local / United Kingdom / 9501
Re: Merrist Wood Summer Show Lego Display 21/5/06 - report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 18:02:29 GMT

Due to it pouring with rain all day visitor numbers were down significantly
(7000 on the gate this year as opposed to 12000 last) and less visitors made it
as far as the Display. Our visitor numbers to the display were still in excess
of 1000. We had trains, castles, armies, battles, space, monorail, tall ships,
modern ships, town and country.

This display is very important as (I believe) it was the first AFOL event in the
world to include the new IR train system. The 7898 set was on display and we ran
its' green loco for most of the day with the other trains.

My thanks to the other attendees: William Howard, Stephen Juby, Jason Railton,
Neil Martin, Richard James and Ian Adams. We had a good time and I look forward
to running it again next year.

David