 Local / United Kingdom / 9496
Re: Merrist Wood Lego Display 21/5/06 - Last call for displayers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:50:11 GMT

lugnet.loc.uk, William Howard wrote:
Following on from Yateley Fest I'm starting to look at putting together the
Merrist Wood Display. This will be at Guildford College's Merrist Wood Campus on
SUNDAY the 21st of May.

Last year's was a great success; the college staff are universally enthusiastic
for our return, the amount of positive feedback I got from them was amazing. We
should beat the estimated 3000 visitor level for our display easily from last
year.

It is a while away yet but I have so far six people other than myself signed up,
which is more than last year already. If anyone else would like to display it
would probably be best if they notified me soon as I have set a numerical limit
of about nine people (unless I can wangle a bigger room).

Please note you can not just turn up on the day to display.

This year's theme is Bring A Tractor. Also any other countryside or similar
themed stuff will be great. There will be the normal co-ordinated trains and
space displays. Castle will have a free display. There will be lots of space for
miscellaneous models.

Entry is free for displayers. The 'open' time is 1100-1700, with time before to
setup from 0900 at the earliest when I will get there. Only a few people will be
needed to man the display at any one time, allowing the others to go eat or see
the rest of the event.

If you'd like to come and display, please reply to this post including your
e-mail address and I will contact you.

pp David Tabner

If anyone wants to come and display with us please contact me as soon as
possible, as serious planning has already begun.

This is intended as primarily a display by AFOLs from the South of England
(though others are welcome). It has also the largest public exposure of all UK
AFOL events.

David