 Local / United Kingdom / 9468
Re: James May's Top Toys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:53:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Robin Sayce-Jones wrote:
What a great program it was. If I didn't have them myself then my mates did. I
always wanted to play Colditz. And remember those blisters on your shooting
finger on Crossfire. Ah the memories. My kids are now playing with my hotwheels
track. I still have one action man. I can still feel my fingers tinglng from
doing up those really sharpe edged nuts with Macano. My Dad built me a train
track, although it was N gauge. My mates had Colditz and Crossfire. I must have
been too late for Dinky but there were always cars to play with.
I had to wait until I had kids before I could get any Lego and now I've finally
got Scalectrix.
He was right about grown up males only really wanting stuff for Christmas with
ages 8-12 on the box.

I thought what he said about juniorisation hit the nail on the head. And weren't
those Meccano building kids rubbish!

Steve