 Local / United Kingdom / 9419
Re: Lego display at Merrist Wood Open Day 15/5/05
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 22:08:54 GMT

The display went very well. At least 3000 people saw it out of the 12000+ that
attended the event. There were six of us displaying. There were many cases of
parents having to drag their children away and in some cases vice versa. The
feedback I've received from the college has been great with lots of nice things
being said.

My photos are here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=129637

At the Open Day Event next year, I intend there to be 8/9 of us displaying and
anyone is welcome to display; as long as they can stay for the 1100-1700* open
time and contributes some decent (quality and quantity of) models. There will
not need to be a full complement of exhibitors at any one time so it will be
possible to go and see the rest of the event. Please e-mail me closer to the
time if you wish to join us.

I hope to be able to organise a countryside theme for part of next year's
display.

David

* plus set up and pack up time.

In lugnet.loc.uk, David Tabner wrote:
Myself and a small group of Brickish Association members will be putting on a
small display as part of the (Guildford College) Merrist Wood Campus (annual)
Public Open Day next Sunday. We will be in the Harris Centre on the Campus.
There will be castle, monorail (space), trains (6wide + technic-fig narrow
gauge), pirates, soldiers and more.

If this is a success I hope we will be able to return next year with a larger
display, more relevantly themed and with more displayers.

Come and see us.

David

PS: There is a small admission charge to the Open Day; it is a large family
event with much going on.  http://www.guildford.ac.uk/news/mw_arena/events.aspx