 Local / United Kingdom / 9349
Re: Brickish.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:20:56 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington wrote:
Yeah, we had problems with the renewal.

I hope the .org will spring to life for all soon, but in the meantime you
can try www.brickish.org.uk, www.brickish.co.uk, www.brickish.com all of
which have been registered and will lead to the same place.

As of now, I can't connect via the .org but can via the .co.uk.

Huw

Of those, so far only "www.brickish.co.uk" works for me.  However, I have found
another way in that seems to work:

On your PC, do a FIND for a file called "hosts".  It doesn't have a file
extension.  It's a permanent list of server and domain aliases.

To the end of it, add a line:

"209.131.206.200 www.brickish.org"

Save the file, close all your browser windows, and try the URL again.  This
allows your PC to go straight to the right IP address, but still submit page
requests with the brickish address.  This means your requests go straight to
Northstar (the hosts), but because the request still says 'Brickish', Northstar
knows what to do with them.

Once everything's working again, it's probably a good idea to remove this, in
case things get moved around in future.

Be careful not to change anything else in the "hosts" file, especially if you're
on a network.

Jason R