 Local / United Kingdom / 9347
Re: Brickish.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:20:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Steve Burge wrote:
www.brickish.org is working OK for me.

   Steve

In lugnet.loc.uk, Peter Reid wrote:
Whats happening with it? I read that the domain had been incorrectly expired
before the weekend.

Tim

This is bad...I've been trying to log on all day, but no joy. We're doomed.
Doomed I say.

Pete

I believe that "some people can get in, some can't" is a sign that some
nameserver caches have been flushed and some haven't (or conversely, some were
flushed and refreshed and some are still just flushed)... I would bet on the
former because this particular machine (it is a machine at a client which surely
has never been there before, and I daresay hadn't been to LUGNET before today
either) can't get there, but some other machines can. But I wouldn't bet a lot.

I hope that helps.

Also: I hope it's back soon! I'm sadly lacking in my daily quotient of UKish
smartypantsness, and starting to run a deficiency.

A Whois seems to imply that it is registered until next year  but has only just
been updated.  http://www.samspade.org/t/lookat?a=www.brickish.org
I think you're right about the DNS not having been updated yet after a flush
Tim