 Local / United Kingdom / 9324
Re: Argos, backhoe reduced again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:42:51 GMT

Danny Staple wrote:
Peter Naulls wrote:
Although I do like the set, I really prefer the "proper" studded
sets.  I managed to pick up 8480 today for the princley sum of
15UKP in a charity shop.

8480 - The space shuttle? With all the parts! Damn... Where was that...
The only things I have ever seen in charity shops are little 1.99 sets
and Mega Bloks.

Boxed, instructions - all the parts, not sure yet.  Everything important
is there though, and my collection of technic spares is pretty
extensive.

This was a Cancer Research charity shop in Cambridge.  The nearby Oxfam
yielded one good haul last year.  But in general, I find precisely
nothing in charity shops - the only lesson here is that persistence
pays off, and I just happened to pop in on the way past to somewhere
else, having been in at least 25 times before, and Oxfam perhaps double
that.

Mostly, as seasoned collectors know, the good deals come from boot
sales; but you have to get there early.  I wasn't able to this morning
for example, and by 9.30am, there was no lego to be seen, despite it
being a very large and regular boot sale.