 Local / United Kingdom / 9322
Re: Argos, backhoe reduced again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:02:49 GMT

Peter Naulls wrote:

Darren Chapman wrote:

Jason J Railton wrote:

The
<set:8455>
Technic Pneumatic Backhoe (JCB) is listed at only £27-49 in Argos at
the moment.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it rather worrying for the
future of lego in the UK that I managed to pick one of these up a
couple of days ago?

There were plenty of examples of similar clearances in the US last year,
such as the train set for $40. So I don't really think it's restricted
to the UK.

It has been reduced (dramatically!) for more than 6 weeks now - and
they still have stock?? Surely they are not buying more in so they
can't be shifting at all well :(

Hard to say.  From what I've seen, that set has been very popular - 2
people I told who aren't really into lego collecting went out and
bought it just because.  This is despite it being studless.

As you may know, some of Lego's biggest sellers are bionicle et al -
as reflected by what you mostly now see in Tesco.

Although I do like the set, I really prefer the "proper" studded
sets.  I managed to pick up 8480 today for the princley sum of
15UKP in a charity shop.

8480 - The space shuttle? With all the parts! Damn... Where was that...
The only things I have ever seen in charity shops are little 1.99 sets
and Mega Bloks.