 Local / United Kingdom / 9185
  Re: Lego Shop at the Bullring

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jon D. Hayward wrote: From my only visit to MK, the bowls contain a mixture of pieces from (...) Is their any technic? A handy hint is to make sure that you pack (...) And I suppose the larger size beaker gives you better value for (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego Shop at the Bullring

I got 216 pieces in an £11 tub from the Kingston Shop - and that included some 2 x 4 bricks which weren't space efficient, and I didn't pack it as well as some people were... Steve (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego Shop at the Bullring

Yvonne and Steve, The selection consists mainly of parts that are of interest to young builders, so lots of bright coloured bricks, fences, trees, flowers and so on. The range has recently been changed significantly, with useful colours like grey (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego Shop at the Bullring

(...) Who can you possibly mean???? I got 220 1x2 bricks, 140 1x4 bricks, 40 1x4x2 fences and some odd flowers in the first and ... I didn't count the second, but there were over 500 1x2 bricks in it ... plug and stack next time! William (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego Shop at the Bullring

(...) I have got 603 1x2 bricks in a £11.00 tub but it takes a bit of time to do and they don't give you a chair to sit on!! Duncan (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego Shop at the Bullring

(...) Have you done a study into how long it takes to pack them against how many more you get compared to just shovelling them in. Is it really worth the effort, or is it more the challenge of getting the max. bricks? For 2x1s I wouldn't have (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego Shop at the Bullring

(...) I did the test at home 603 1x2 bricks when packed and 451 when put in loose.I didn't time how long it took to pack but i think it was about 30 mins. I did stand in Milton Keynes shop and pack two tubs with 1x2 bricks and the staff offered to (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego Shop at the Bullring

(...) Actually, that isn't quite what was asked. If it takes you 30 mins for 600 bricks, versus, say, 1 min (just dumping them in) for 450 bricks, then in purely financial terms, the extra 33% is questionable. Consider as a very naive measurement, (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.uk)