 Local / United Kingdom / 9154
Re: Record and Play...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 21:30:08 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Colin Bell wrote:
Hiya

I am sure you have all noticed already that the new Argos catalogue shows
the even-newer 4095 Record and Play inventor set. I thought this wasn't
supposed to be out for another couple of months?

Anyway, it's on page 1108, the item number is 371/9659, it's 39.99. It's
also on the Argos web site. My local Argos (Fleet, Hampshire) had one in
stock last week - it shows up as 'Lego Contraption' on the stock checker
thingy.

I want one, but like the AT-AT and the new train sets, it may have to wait
until I have thrown out some objects of equivalent size from my
full-to-bursting living space..

Colin

The Big Shop at Legoland Windsor has them in now, along with all the new
inventor, designer and discovery sets, the world city trains and police, the
AT-AT and the new Star Wars minis, and the new Radio Control Racer (along with a
few of the original one - both appear to have the same R/C units).

Bulk bricks selection is as crap as ever.  There are some bagged bulk bricks
lying around (train bases, 1x8 black bricks, 2-wide grey plates, 1x2x2 white
windows, 1x4x5 black window frames + clear glass to name a few), but it would be
better if they'd split the packs up and add them to the bulk selection!

Jason Railton