 Local / United Kingdom / 9153
Re: Record and Play...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 12:16:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Colin Bell wrote:
Hiya

I am sure you have all noticed already that the new Argos catalogue shows
the even-newer 4095 Record and Play inventor set. I thought this wasn't
supposed to be out for another couple of months?

     Technically, that's correct.  The 2003 Product Book lists it as a September
release (at least for the US).  However, you should be aware that scheduled
release times are not set in stone.  They're more like estimates on when TLC
expects to have enough product packed up to start shipping.  Obviously if they
don't have them ready to ship by then, they're going to show up late, but if
they're a month or two ahead of schedule they're not going to warehouse it until
it'll be "on time".  The only sets that have a firm release date that I'm aware
of are sets that are based on an unreleased movie, like what happened with the
TPM and AOTC Star Wars sets (though I'm not sure if they did it with Harry
Potter).  Here in Michigan, we regularly see the January Star Wars releases in
mid-December because TLC is usually at least a few weeks ahead of schedule and
the store shelves are usually pretty picked over just prior to Christmas.