 Local / United Kingdom / 9136
Re: Scottish Fest attendees?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:52:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Ian Bishop wrote:
1. As it's the 25th birthday of the minifig you can build a 'minifig' 10cm high,
you could base it on a 'real' minifig.

This sounds like good fun, I'll start work...

2. I remember a competition at the LEGO club day in Milton Keynes a long time
ago. You had to make a vehicle that would go down a ramp - the greatest distance won,
I think I was last!  So we could repeat that - I can only do better.
Here the floor is carpeted - so it won't very far, also the ramp will not be too
high as the room is not to big.

Can you please specify the height and length of the ramp and tell us what
the carpet is like so that we can optimise our designs for the conditions?!

The carpet is carpet tiles - so you will have to practice at work.
I'm not sure about the ramp, if it's too steep and the vehicles hit the far wall
it will be lowered.
The maximum size of vehicle will be 12cm long, 6 cm wide and 6cm high as people
my be bringing them on the train.

The idea of the competitions is to have FUN, I think my daughter will be
entering.
The prize may be a mini-ti-fighter, or is that the booby price?

David