 Local / United Kingdom / 9131
Re: Scottish Fest attendees?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:51:23 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Ian Bishop wrote:
David,

Who's on the list of attendees so far?

I'll be travelling from Kilmarnock and there may be a space in the car if
anyone is stuck or would like to share fuel costs, lmk.

Also, have you devised any competitions yet? I think the competitions went
down well at my last fest.

Bif

The provision list is -
1. David Graham
2. Fiona Dickinson
3. David McKenzie
4. Alastair Disley
5. Jon Reynolds
6-7. Steven Locke + 1
8. Ian Bishop
9. Steven Kane
10. Mags McHardy
11. Jennifer Clarke
12-14. Steve + 2 children (ages 11 & 7)
15. Scott Arthur

Ian Bishop has offered to bring people from Glasgow.
Scott Arthur has offered to pick anyone from the Airport.

The room can hold 20 so there is plenty space - so far.
I was speaking to a lady who runs a B&B and she
repeated that it would be a good place to come for a weekend.

I expect to finalise the date soon.

My ideas for competitions are:
1. As it's the 25th birthday of the minifig you can build a 'minifig' 10cm high,
you could base it on a 'real' minifig.
2. I remember a competition at the LEGO club day in Milton Keynes a long time
ago.
You had to make a vehicle that would go down a ramp - the greatest distance won,
I think I was last!  So we could repeat that - I can only do better.
Here the floor is carpeted - so it won't very far, also the ramp will not be too
high as the room is not to big.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

David