 Local / United Kingdom / 905
Re: Southern LEGOFest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 20:37:12 GMT

OK, you've got my interest, although I am a little scared.
Not to meet everybody else, but to explain to the wife that I'll be off to
see a bunch of Lego mad nutters, like me! :-)

If you remember me, you may remember that I live in Warminster, Wiltshire.

I've been off-line for a while, since my modem packed up in early April, but
I finally got around to buying a new one at the weekend.

Jonathon Goldsworthy

Huw Millington wrote in message ...
By all accounts Ian Bishop's Scottish LEGOFest earlier in the week was a
great success. Sadly, I cound't make it, but as Ian and I work for the same
company (NATS) I took the opportunity during a business trip to Ayr to • visit
him last week. While I was there I got him sorted for 'tuning in' to LUGNet
so hopefully he'll soon be posting here.

Anyway, who's up for a LEGOFest somewhere down south?

Assuming some of you,

1. Where would be a good central location?
2. Who would host it?
3. When would it be?

I think we had a survey of where everyone is in here some while ago (but I
can't find it now), but given that our number have swelled recently, • perhaps
now would be a good time to have another one.  I have posted a de-lurking
form for the purpose. Only UK r.t.l'ers need post one... :-)

When we know where interested parties are, we should be able to answer q1.

q2 is more tricky. Either someone near the geographical middle could host • it
at their home, or could find a suitable hall/pub/whatever nearby. The last
LEGOFest had in the Uk, in 1996, was at Windsor, which was great, but not
ideal for a 'swap meet' type do.

q3. Given that the more notice people have, the more likely they are going
to be able to attend, I suggest we choose a weekend in September, before it
gets too cold/dark for travelling long distances.

Any other ideas? Everyone too scared to meet 'in the flesh'?

Huw