 Local / United Kingdom / 887
Re: Southern LEGOFest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 22:10:07 GMT

Simon Robinson wrote in message ...
<snip>
Having said that, there'd be a good case for somewhere like Birmingham
as a central location for England so that noone has to travel too far. By
September I'll be in Lancashire. I'd travel a hundred miles to get to
a Legofest but 200 miles is a lot trickier - as that gets to the sort of
distance where you can't get there and back in a day.

So... who knows Birmingham? I've got a couple of friends up there (in Acocks
Green and Edgebaston) who could perhaps enquire about booking a room at a
pub or a hall or something...

OTOH, there's always the possibility of booking a table at a toy fair. The
NEC fairs are pretty impressive (800 tables and quite a bit of LEGO),
otherwise, there are a number of smaller ones that might be more appropriate
to our needs...

If anyone out there thinks that it would be a good idea for me to look
further into any of these options, PLMK 8-)

Jon.

Jon D Hayward
Chatham, Kent

mailto:Jon-D-Hayward@Chatham-Kent.Prestel.co.uk