 Local / United Kingdom / 9045
Re: Visit to LLW?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:00:48 GMT

As I recall, LHR isn't too far from LLW (about 45 minutes I think)

As the crow flies, it's about 7 miles. You can see the runway from the top
of the hill in LLW on a clear day.

The flight from Raleigh arrives at LGW at 6:30 or there abouts.  As I
recall, the fast train from LGW to Victoria Station is about 20 minutes • and
the express from Victoria to LHR is about the same.  Is there a better way
to get from LGW to LLW other than taking the bus from LHR to Windsor and
then catching the LEGOLand Bus to the park?

Your best bet by road would be to get a coach directly to Heathrow from
Gatwick, which takes about 1-1.5 hours, maybe more that time of the morning.

However, I'd be inclined to take the train all the way. You'd need to get a
slower train into London, change at Clapham Junction, then get a train
direct to Windsor. The M25 motorway between Gatwick and Heathrow is best
avoided on weekday mornings. You can plan your journey at
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk. The total journey time is about 1.5 hours.

I don't expect to be traveling with much luggage but wondered if LLW has
locker facilities where I could leave my bags while at the park?

Yes they do.

Is there train service from Victoria out to Windsor?

Not directly, you need to change at Clapham Junction, see above. Direct
trains go from either Waterloo or Paddington.

Huw
(10 miles from Gatwick)