 Local / United Kingdom / 9044
9043  |  9045
Subject:
Visit to LLW?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:12:47 GMT

I am hoping on the UK locals can offer me some advice.

It looks like I will have to be in Stockholm on May 14th and 15th for work.
It appears the flight schedules have changed quite a bit since I last made
the trip from Raleigh, North Carolina to Stockholm.  I can get a direct
flight from Raleigh to London-Gatwick (which is nice, particularly on the
return) but as near as I can tell, there isn't service from LGW to Stockholm
any more.  So I would have to transfer from LGW to LHR in order to connect
to Stockholm (without having to change plans a third time).

As I recall, LHR isn't too far from LLW (about 45 minutes I think) so if I
do this I thought I might try and spend the day in London and try and see
LLW as opposed to going immediately on to Stockholm.  From the LEGO.com web
site, LLW will be open on May 13th (the day I would do this if it happens)
from 10:00 - 17:00.

The flight from Raleigh arrives at LGW at 6:30 or there abouts.  As I
recall, the fast train from LGW to Victoria Station is about 20 minutes and
the express from Victoria to LHR is about the same.  Is there a better way
to get from LGW to LLW other than taking the bus from LHR to Windsor and
then catching the LEGOLand Bus to the park?  I can't imagine that whole
process would take me more than a couple of hours and since the park doesn't
open until 10:00, it looks like I would have plenty of time.

There are two late flights from LHR to Stockholm, one at 17:50 and one at
19:25.  While I would love to maximize the time at LLW, I do need to be
productive the next day so I would probably book the 19:25 flight.  Working
backwards, I would think I would have to be out of LLW by 15:00 at the
latest to ensure being at the airport on time (accounting for the bus from
LLW to Windsor and from Windsor to LHR).  Is that too tight?  I am not one
of those people who has to be at the airport way early - 45 minutes to an
hour is good enough for me - less if it is an airport I am familiar with.

I don't expect to be traveling with much luggage but wondered if LLW has
locker facilities where I could leave my bags while at the park?

Is there train service from Victoria out to Windsor?

Thanks for any suggestions and/or advice - this meeting is still tentative
but I'd like to know if it is even possible to do this when/if I make my
travel plans.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com