 Local / United Kingdom / 8770
Re: AUSSIE IN THE UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:45:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, David Mackenzie writes:
"Kev" <andrastavia@ozbricks.com> wrote in message
Hiya all.... or should I say G'day.. ha ha ha
Kevin here.... I dont know if anyone over there in the Lego world of the • UK
knows me... I do know a couple of you.... I have a website...
The Kingdom of Andrastavia.... you may have seen it...
www.ozbricks.com/andrastavia

Good pictures. The backgrounds really add something to it. Are they
Photoshop-ed on later, or is it a big photograph behind the actual model?

I particularly like the one with the waves crashing against the bottom of
the walls - very nicely done!

--
David.

Thanx David... I'm glad you like my website....
To answer your questions....
Every picture is done like this:
1.After writing the story, I brake it down to scenes..
2.Each scene I then work how best to illustrate it....
3.I do a quick drawing of what I want it to look like...
4.Then I take the Lego model.. or build it if I havent doen already, and set
it up in a way I have already planed for it to sit with a background.
5.I then set up the lighting to reflect the mood I want... sometimes up to
3-4 lights..!!
6.I then place a white background behind the lego, and take some shots..
usually 4 or 5 at different angles...
7.After I download them to the computer, I go through them and pick the best
one.
8.I then adjust the image...as in hue... density... lightness.. etc in
Photoshop.
9.Then I go through my huge photo library and find some photos I wish to use
as a background.. and sometimes in the foreground and some photos which have
elements in them I wish to use...
10.Then using layers in photoshop, I deep etch around the lego model
removing the white background....
11.Then placing the photos of the backgrounds on seperate layers, I adjust
them all, do a bit of airbrushing etc
12.Then once I'm hapy with the image, and it gives depth making it look
somewhat real, I save the image as a jpg and put it into the story.

If you go to the "Village" section on my site... and then go to Tips and
Techniques, you will see an indepth description on my photo editing.

Kev..:  )