 Local / United Kingdom / 8709
Re: LLW Hallowe'en Fireworks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.legoland.windsor
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 22:51:20 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason J. Railton writes:
I was at the fireworks last Saturday,

I went today.

and they're brilliant.

They certainly are, though it rained pretty well continously while we were
there so by the time the fireworks started all our coats had given up any
pretence at waterproofness.  Luckily the rain slowed to a little drizzle so
we could watch the fireworks without having to strain to look over the sea
of umbrellas which had gathered at the top of the hill.

In the park, there is a room dedicated to pumpkin building.  It's next to
the earthquake and car build-and-test rooms.  It's not based on pumpkin
packs - they have their own supply of orange bricks (nearly all 2-wide).
There are pictures of a small pumpkin lying around, but you can build your
own if you want to.  As long as it's not (too much) bigger than the one in
the picture, you can pay a pound to take it with you when you leave the
room.  Others with more ambitious constructs (Titmarsh, Simpkins) were
charged more.  I asked, and was allowed to make a few.  Seeing the queues
that formed by the afternoon though, I wouldn't be surprised if they now
limit it to one each.

I enjoyed this a lot, I knocked up a 12 stud diameter 3d pumpkin in about
ten minutes which was no mean feat when there were only eight types of brick
available.  Two people came up to me and asked if there were instructions
for it!!  I got it for 3 quid, pictures will follow.

Apparently, first thing, they had some green bricks to put on the top, but
they soon ran out.  When I went in later that morning, they were handing out
a single shrub extender to each paying customer to fit on top of their
pumpkin.  By the end of the day, they had resorted to a few black slopes.
And no, I didn't keep going back with false beards - this was from friends
who arrived later.

They were also doing a ghost this time and had plenty of grey for it, plus
enough green for the pumpkin and some black.  If I had been alone I would
have spent hours in there!

By the afternoon it was very crowded.  The stunt show was on in the harbour.
In the Imagination Theatre, they had dropped the schedule and were just
showing the Racers 4D show continuously to clear the queue.

It was very crowded today too but lots of the attractions were closed due to
the rain.  I had fun though.  I still have two RLD tickets left so plan to
go at Christmas too.  Anyone else?

Simon