 Local / United Kingdom / 8571
Re: No sale on new Harry Potter sets in Woolies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:01:40 GMT

Just got my Escape from Privet Drive from Argos in Cambridge, they had just a
couple left in stock after I got mine, I didn't check on the availablity of the
other sets. Woolworths had just Dumbledore's Office for 44.99 availble, but I
didn't try to see if I could buy it.

Ben

In lugnet.loc.uk, Andrew Summersgill writes:
I also tried to buy an Escape from Privet Drive from Woolies on Thursday and
was told they weren't allowed to sell it to me.  I thought about arguing the
toss - i.e. it was on the shelf and it even rang up on the till with a price
(£24.99), but was running a bit late to get back to work so couldn't be
bothered.

Irritating though.

No Argos around here has them in stock and TRU was also decidedly lacking so
I guess that Woolies have them on the shelves in error.

I didn't notice what other HP sets Woolworths had - I am just after the car
really!

Andrew.