 Local / United Kingdom / 8387
8386  |  8388
Subject:
Rare brick models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:32:22 GMT

Well, with another visit to Legoland Windsor coming up, I thought it was
about time I showed some pictures of what I've done with the rare bricks I
picked up at the last one.

So, first up is a non-train actually.  It's some light-blue and some 1-wide
SNOT in my RAF RAF Recruitment Trailer:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j.j.railton/specials/raf.jpg

Now for my Fresh Fish wagon in the same style:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j.j.railton/specials/fish.jpg

And how about some track-side detail?  This signal box is based on one at a
level crossing at Oakham in Rutland.  I don't know if it's still standing in
real life, but the design has been used by Airfix and Hornby for their
signal boxes, so you may have seen something like it on OO-gauge layouts
before.  I couldn't have done the roof without those extra bits:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j.j.railton/specials/greensig.jpg

So, what do you think?

Jason J Railton