 Local / United Kingdom / 8331
Re: UK gets a raw deal again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 22:20:39 GMT

The value of the US dollar had been falling the last several months - the pound
has gained about 20% to 25% against the dollar recently.  LEGO may not have
planned on that when determining the prices.  Also, isn't tax already included
in the UK prices?  If so, that would account for some more of the price
difference.

John

In lugnet.loc.uk, Grahame Reid writes:
Huw Millington wrote:

The new Spybotics sets, such as 3806 Gigamesh G60,
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?id={6D0D9615-6F23-11D6-8037-00C04F5ED856}&C
atID=&OrderBy=0 are GBP59.99 in the UK, or $59.99 in the USA.

I make that about 50% more! Surely such a difference can't be justified.
Could it be a mistake?

Huw

And currently in New Zealand, 59.99 USD = 122.98 NZD whereas LEGO want
149.95 NZD for the Gigamesh G60. So it's not so bad here, but it is
still about 22 percent more than the US price.

Grahame