 Local / United Kingdom / 8054
Re: NBLTC Second meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:33:01 GMT

"Jonathan Reynolds" <scorch@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote in message
news:GvAt4C.4z9@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

A 21ft x 8ft layout would need only 12 modules, not 20 - there is a • hole in
the middle approx 4ft x 17ft!

The idea of self-building modules is to do exactly what you are • suggesting -
build scenery. It appears to be a successful method for the amazing • PNLTC
displays so why not copy them?

There was no hole in our layout at TVLF.
And there still wasn't enough room to display the building and trains
etc that people brought.

The PNLTC layouts are way bigger than 21x8
http://www.pnltc.org/Gal_SEA_GATS_01/gallery.html

Just trying to point out in terms of the number of people we can expect
want to participate, that either people will either have to
1. be very selective in what they bring
2. or be prepared to exhibit it for a very short time
3. or bring lots of tables with them

lawrence