 Local / United Kingdom / 8041
Re: buying lego in london
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 07:08:58 GMT

"Michael LeCount" <lecountm@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:Gv58tq.25H@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

Sorry, but shops selling Lego in London at good prices don't really
exist.
Lego is more expensive in the UK than in the rest of Europe and the • US.
I do not think you will find Lego in the UK cheaper than Italy.

lawrence

Actually its not, well during a recent visit to Denmark, Sweden, • Germany,
Belgium and France. Lego in the shops was almost exactly the same as • the UK
with the only variations being +/- pennies due to the exchange rate
fluctuations.
Denmark and Germany were for the vast majority of Lego a good • percentage
more expensive, mainly due in Denmark to their 25% tax.

Michael.

I am surprised.
Given that sets on shop@home are nearly always cheaper in these
countries than the UK, I am surprised that sets in stores would
therefore be more expensive.

If that is true, then shop@home in the UK appears to be even more of a
rip off. Why are UK shop@home prices the same as store prices in the UK,
instead of cheaper like abroad?