 Local / United Kingdom / 8039
Re: buying lego in london
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:53:50 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

Sorry, but shops selling Lego in London at good prices don't really
exist.
Lego is more expensive in the UK than in the rest of Europe and the US.
I do not think you will find Lego in the UK cheaper than Italy.

lawrence

Actually its not, well during a recent visit to Denmark, Sweden, Germany,
Belgium and France. Lego in the shops was almost exactly the same as the UK
with the only variations being +/- pennies due to the exchange rate
fluctuations.
Denmark and Germany were for the vast majority of Lego a good percentage
more expensive, mainly due in Denmark to their 25% tax.

Michael.