 Local / United Kingdom / 789
Re: Questions (possible spoiler)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 18:54:01 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <RIBBED FOR SPAM PLEASURE>
To: Kevin Bane <RIBBED FOR SPAM PLEASURE>
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 1999 2:12 AM
Subject: Re: Questions (possible spoiler)

As for the rest of you questions . . . QG's use of the force does seem a • bit
dishonest at times, but throughout the movie (and book, for that matter) • he's
shown as a bit of a rebel. I guess it's just his rebelious nature that
enables him to use the force for dishonest purposes.

But that's my point.

Have you ever seen the movie "Greed" with Michael J Fox?  He said in one
line that sums up my whole point:

"First this didn't seem wrong, then that didn't seem wrong until nothing
seemed wrong.  I just kinda got sucked in."

You would probably have to see the movie to get the context in which he said
that.  But that is the point I'm trying to make.  Just add a "Zuhhh Pisshhh"
at the end of it and you have Vader.....

And who is it that said "Once you start down the path toward the Dark Side,
forever will it dominate your destiny"?  Seems I saw that in a movie
somewhere....

I mean he used the Force on the leader of an entire people to get what he
wanted.  And by the way they were talking, the "Old Republic" used jedi
quite often in "diplomatic" missions.  How fair is that for the other guy?

Leader of planet: "My people and I agree that we don't want to be a part of
the Republic."
Jedi: [Waves hand at LOP] "You think being part of the Republic would be a
swell thing..."
LOP: "I think being part of the Republic would be a swell thing."
Jedi: "You will sign this treaty turning all rulership over to the
Republic...."
LOP: "Yes.  Where is my pen so I can sign this swell treaty?!"

What's wrong with that?  After all, being in the Republic is such a swell
thing....

Sorry for the rants, but I kinda like storylines that at least TRY to stay
consistant.  After all, why did they change the name of ROTJ from Revenge to
Return?  Because a jedi does not take revenge.  At least he went that far to
stay consistant.

And speaking of consistancy, why did 3P0 never make the connection between
his creators name and Luke's?  Also, one of the first things 3P0 says to
Luke in SW is "Where are we?"  And in SW Ben did not recognise R2, although
he almost fell over him several times in E1......

I know, I know, I know.  Because the storyline had change.  Yeah, tell me
about it.  It went from an exciting and interesting storyline to a "Kid
Flick"  I mean how many times did you wish that you could build a robot or
fly a starship when you were 9?  Especially after seeing Star Wars (Just for
the record, I was 12 - but no less enthralled with the idea).  Before he had
to sell the story to make the money for the movie, now he has to sell the
toys.

They'd BETTER get DiCrappio, because then they would pull in the teenage
girls, and where you have teenage girls, you will inevitably draw teenage
boys.....

And in E3 they can get Tom Cruise to play the 30ish Anakin, thereby drawing
in the 25-40 year old women, and with them the boyfriends and husbands of
said women.  Then he can sell the sex appeal to get the money for the movie.

Lesseee, toys for the tots, hormones for the pre and post pubescents, and
sex for the older crowd.  Something for eveyone in the family!  Well, I
stand corrected, I guess this IS a family oriented story after all!

Kevin B
aka Battlehammer