 Local / United Kingdom / 775
Re: EP 1 sets at TRU (UK)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 17:22:37 GMT

I bought a 7101 (Lightsabre duel) at TRU in Southampton last Saturday, and
it was £4.99 like you say, as opposed to the £6.49 in Beatties in Winchester
and the £7 in The Entertainer. I bought a 7111 (Droid Starfighter) for £4.99
too, which I actually think it quite cool - do the little battle droids fly
these in the film? It doesn't have a droid with it.

If it had been any other theme than Star Wars I would probably think 7101
was overpriced even at £4.99 - basically it's only two minifigs (Darth Maul
and Qui-Gon Jinn) and a small amount of other bits. But I really wanted that
Darth Maul minifig..

Colin
numbersix@freshfroot.freeserve.co.uk
ICQ 25808282

Richard Dee wrote in message ...
They had just started putting out Episode 1 merchandise today!
Some action figures, and Lego. (No Darth Maul, just a few,
random, incidental characters,  no main ones!)
The Lego sets, and their prices (GBP) were:
7111 4.99
7121 6.99
7131 9.99
7141 14.99
7101   ????? 4.99 probably.

The actual box said "Soft Display" and contained between 6
and 12 of the above sets, and that was it! Though I could not
find any 7101's or a price.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/