 Local / United Kingdom / 7889
Re: LegoLand Modelmakers Experience - photos from the 'behind the scenes' tour
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.legoland.windsor, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 21:42:52 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
Looks like a good time was had by all!

I recall during the organisation of this, there were some wondering if it
would be worth it. Was it? Would you do it again or was once enough?

The Saturday and Jon's, and the Sunday made the weekend 'one of the best of
my life' :-)

It was worth every penny, for starters, the 70GBP included entry to the park
plus a return trip, worth about £35.

The talk and guided tour round the model shops given by the head model maker
(sorry Guy, I can't remember your proper job title) was very informative,
and well worth the other £35. The icing on the cake was of course the take
away 1Kg of bricks -- I won't say any more than no-one had their bags
weighed, and the selection of parts included some to die for :-)

I think we all plan to do it again next year!

Huw