 Local / United Kingdom / 7604
Re: Got my S@H order today: don't buy Darth Vader!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 19:41:43 GMT

"Burkhard Schloemer" <BuS1503@muenster.de> wrote in message
news:GpqB9t.C61@lugnet.com...
I say get the Dark Lord! Just not from shop@home. Their prices are totally
out of hand (in Europe, at least). Granted, the box is WAY too large, but
the set contains almost exclusively very small parts so the box has to be
huge in order to justify the price (anyway, that's likely to be the way • the
marketing-ogers at LEGO think). Building the model was a moderate pain.
Almost all parts are black and often you don't have a clue about what • you're
building - but having Lord Vader finally sitting on a shelf is an
impressive, an even MOST IMPRESSIVE look!

Having just built it, I have to agree. It is a VERY IMPRESSIVE model. The
face is a marvel of Technic engineering.

It stands almost as tall as the box, so I'll let them off :-)

Huw