 Local / United Kingdom / 7598
Re: Got my S@H order today: don't buy Darth Vader!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:14:00 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Paul Cook writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:
Alpha Team: I didn't buy any of last year's, but I like underwater sets a
lot, so bought a few for 'evaluation'. The Ogel Shark Sub has some nice
parts, as Jason has stated, but I don't like it much, and the minifigs are
just too evil. The squid is a nice idea, but don't they have 8 legs? Perhaps
I'll buy another set... The Alpha Team minifigs are made of the new dark
blue (as also used in R2D2) which is very nice.

Actually squids have 10 arms!

I think the new Alpha Team sets, especially the squid sub, are the best
stuff that I've seen from Lego for 2002.

I agree. There has been a lot of carping about them (cost & parts), but I
think the "look" is quite interesting. Esp the trans-red canopies.

Scott A

Roll on the Star Wars Episode II sets!

Cheers,
Paul.