 Local / United Kingdom / 7548
Re: Some 2002 Lego spotted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 10:08:27 GMT

FWIW: LSB had no new stock at all yesterday!

Just Jono .oO

Huw Millington <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message
Toys 'R' Us in Portsmouth have some 2002 models.  They've got all the new
pull-back-and-go Racers (small ones with block-body figs 4582 and 4583, • two
each in 4594 and 4593, some larger monster-truck and F1 sizes with whole
minifigs 4584 and 4585, and some semi-technic ones).
They've got some underwater Alpha Team sets - the 4793 and 4794 black and
yellow subs, and the 4795 Ogel base.
They've also got the Harry Potter Gringott's bank and Troll sets.

That just about sums up what TRU Croydon had today.

I got a 4594 of the racers, with a green and an orange car.  For pull-back
toys, they're pretty good - just don't expect much speed on thick carpet. • A
normal minifig wouldn't sit low enough, so instead there's a naff 2x2x1
one-piece seated body with a normal minifig head and helmet on.

I went for 4585, with it's nice light blue new triangular plates, and real
minifig. I was amazed at the sheer number of Racers sets -- 9 plus the 4
Technic ones that are not labelled as such (is the end of Technic as we know
it??)

From Alpha Team, I got the 4793 Ogel sub.

Same here! My large S@H order should arrive next week too!

Huw