 Local / United Kingdom / 7545
7544  |  7546
Subject:
Some 2002 Lego spotted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 00:26:11 GMT

Toys 'R' Us in Portsmouth have some 2002 models.  They've got all the new
pull-back-and-go Racers (small ones with block-body figs 4582 and 4583, two
each in 4594 and 4593, some larger monster-truck and F1 sizes with whole
minifigs 4584 and 4585, and some semi-technic ones).
They've got some underwater Alpha Team sets - the 4793 and 4794 black and
yellow subs, and the 4795 Ogel base.
They've also got the Harry Potter Gringott's bank and Troll sets.

I got a 4594 of the racers, with a green and an orange car.  For pull-back
toys, they're pretty good - just don't expect much speed on thick carpet.  A
normal minifig wouldn't sit low enough, so instead there's a naff 2x2x1
one-piece seated body with a normal minifig head and helmet on.

From Alpha Team, I got the 4793 Ogel sub.  Interesting to note the design
changes to the 2x2 plate with peg underneath.  It's now got an inset catch
so that when attached to the right piece (the new 2x2x2 block with ring that
holds the new arms on - looks like a micro-motor) it actually locks in
position rotation-wise.

Jason J Railton