 Local / United Kingdom / 7421
Re: Shopping news - online and high street
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:30:43 GMT

The Asda near where I work has a similar red cardboard affair with similar
stock, thousands of (expensive) freestyle buckets and a harry potter display
that has been there almost a week, but still has no prices on any of the
sets - hence they havent sold any

--
James Stacey
---------
www.minifig.co.uk

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message
news:Gn0KEp.BED@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason J. Railton writes:
Well, it looks like ASDA's blown it.  A large red cardboard cabinet has
appeared in the foyer of Fareham ASDA, with Bionicles at the front, • Racers
on one side, Nui-Rama (no collectibility, just • Bionicle/Technic-Competition
style mosquito things)

In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:
Although I doubt I would ever buy these (at full rrp), they do look • pretty
good.

Only for those who have something against bricks, surely?

on the other, and Studios (Raptor Rumble and Stunt
Car - the most over-priced sets out there) round the back.
Are these goodies attractively priced for the discerning adult buyer?

Are they hell.  (The clue was in the bracketed phrases...).

That, and they moved the eggs.  Gits.

Just wait until 01.01.02, it will be all change again when the Easter • Eggs
arrive.

Don't I know it.  This is the shop that put out Hallowe'en and Christmas
decorations at the same time!

Gosport ASDA has some Harry Potter stuff now though.  A little stand with
Hagrid's Hut, Winged Keys, Final Challenge, Sorting Hat, Griffindor Dorm • and
Diagon Alley.  No cheaper than anywhere else though.  Diagon Alley seems • to
be the best seller - they only had one left, and all the other slots had
been stuffed with more Dorms.

Jason J Railton