 Local / United Kingdom / 7401
Re: Shopping news - online and high street
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:49:05 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:
A friend mentioned last night that she could not find any of the sets (other
than the biggest one). HP Lego is tipped to be *the* toy this Xmas, so
things may get worse. Ho hum.

Well, it looks like ASDA's blown it.  A large red cardboard cabinet has
appeared in the foyer of Fareham ASDA, with Bionicles at the front, Racers
on one side, Nui-Rama (no collectibility, just Bionicle/Technic-Competition
style mosquito things) on the other, and Studios (Raptor Rumble and Stunt
Car - the most over-priced sets out there) round the back.

That, and they moved the eggs.  Gits.

Methinks a cheap deal with Wal*Mart hath been struck, to offload redundant
stock in the run up to Christmas, as Lego try and push their major lines
through more controlled channels...

Jason J Railton