 Local / United Kingdom / 7381
Re: yawn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:37:48 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Quiet around here lately.
Cant say I can find much myself in the world of Lego to get excited about
right now.
I guess I have been busy of late work wise, but I haven't
1. done anyhing with the bulk bricks I bought a couple of months back.

Why not?  What were they?

2. looked at ebay auctions in ages

No great loss there.  I've never seen anything on eBay that's inspired me to
sign up.

3. read any of the lugnet groups for weeks

Well, .loc.uk has all been about the Beano, and .trains is all about obscure
American train logos.  You haven't missed much.  If you want some good
reading, you could always try starting a thread on how the .train crowd
always seem to do better buildings than .town.

4. photoed any of my mocs that I bought to recent fests

Now that is a loss.  You've done some great buildings.  But then I can't get
round to photographing any of my latest stuff.

5. built anything with Lego since TVLF 2001

That's bad.  Any chance of converting you to MOC British steam, instead of
those 12V-9V conversions and train theme expansions on your site?

6. updated my personal web site as a consequence

How about starting with that castle wall interface you were planning?  Can
you put some fixed connectors inside it, deep enough into the wall that
their colours are hidden from the outside?  (So we can use wheel mount
bricks instead of loose connector pegs).  Peg on the right, hole on the left
should do it.

7. put anything new up on my UK lego user group site

Hmm, neither's anyone else.  We're all too busy reading the Beano that came
free with those Lego Nesquik bunnies.

8. and I certainly haven't seen a Lego set in ages that excited me enough to
buy it.

Not a fan of Harry Potter then.  Hagrid's Hut is pretty good.

9. and the 2002 catalogue looks like persisting 8 even longer

Apart from bulk ordering of the stormtrooper/imperial guard set..?

Still, I did put some new floorboards in the loft so I have more room to
store it. Though more tidy, that's only making it even less accessible.

Do a conversion job, then have it as layout space.

I guess I wish something BIG would happen in the world of Lego.
Something that would make me go wow.
Sorry, but cant get excited about minifigs on the Beano, and other such
trivia.

Perhaps the xmas holidays and the January sales will get me back into the swing.

mindless ramblings over

Lawrence

Oh cheer up.  It's the depression of having had Christmas in all the shops
for a month, when there's still ages to go.

I've given up trying to photograph everything I do for my site before I take
it apart.  It all seems like too much effort and responsibility, and that
takes the fun out of it.  I'm building for my own enjoyment, not everyone
else's.

Anyway, who's doing the first fest of next year?

Jason J Railton