 Local / United Kingdom / 7204
Re: Lego catalogue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 01:13:27 GMT

Hehehe, its at times like this that I really appreciate having moved from
Fleet, to Devon ;)

It just so happens that the Toymaster in Barnstaple had the new catalogue
about a week ago, and so I already own a copy.
I guess I should go back down tomorrow and grab a handful for the weekend ?

Other than the 5 pages of Harry Potter, JP3 studios sets, and new technic
4x4's there's little new/interesting, and overall the catalogue seems less
Lego than ever. Only about a third of its 100 pages could be considered
comparable to a catalogue from just 5 years ago ;(

(Duckie) Dave Till

BTW the colour balance is a bit off in places, like 4561 (the "fast
passenger train" as TLC like to call it) is mostly teal, with orange, dark
pink and lime green accents!

James Stacey <james@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message
Living in Cardiff we have TRU and The Entertainer, nothing else, it seems
that independent (or toymaster) shops are nonexistant around here. All the
latest sets, nothing else Cornwall on the other hand was really great, all
the local toyshops had loads of Lego. The Toymaster in Bodmin was pretty
good (unlike the rest of Bodmin), maybe cos nowadays in the big stores • they
are conservative with what they stock so they arn't left with loadsa sets • to
have to sell off cheap.

btw - none of them had catalogues either

--
James

"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:GJsyA1.K29@lugnet.com...

"Nathaniel Cross" <nathaniel@than.org> wrote in message • news:GJsu1s.D8J@lugnet.com...
What's happened to the new catalogue? I've tried Fleet Toys in Fleet, • The
Entertainer and Toys R Us and none of them have it. With so few shops
stocking much Lego now I'm not sure where else to try.

Mind you, if The Entertainer did have it they'd have to censor the • Harry
Potter pages Saudi Arabia-style ;-)

I went in the Camberley Entertainer on Saturday for the first time in • ages. I have never seen such a small selection of
Lego on offer there. No 'bargains' either.
Bad sign. Thankfully we have S@H now.

regards
lawrence