 Local / United Kingdom / 7115
Re: Another UK Lego User Group Web Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 22:58:53 GMT

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:GJ1w4B.LJA@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:
Lawrence, you have either been very busy while have been away, or have
licensed some cool code!

It is certainly functional -- hopefully not too functional -- I wouldn't
want it to replace this ng.

Do we really have to log in and give all our details _again_, just to tell
Lawrence we're coming to his fest?  I bet he's just going to junk mail us
all for credit cards.  :)

No, you dont have to register.

But I kinda assumed one of the reasons for having a UK LUG site was to have a roll call of UK LEGO users, which kinda
doesnt work if folks dont register.

Also, I figured we would want to control access to registered users, as opposed to having 'annonymous' vistors surfing
past and posting junk/abuse/whatever.
Of course, the automatic registration system doesnt prevent registered users doing it either - but at least I can semi
identify who they are, and bar them, and report them to their ISP.

the text of my comment has the 'wallpaper' behind it which makes it
unreadable.

Yeah, looks a bit messy.  Also, the signatures don't seem to work.  I've
entered one, but it hasn't added it to the comment.

I have added a couple of more themes. (see the 'my account' page)
I will add several more over the next few days.