 Local / United Kingdom / 7108
Re: Another UK Lego User Group Web Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 20:01:44 GMT

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:GIzzr9.2C9@lugnet.com...

Lawrence, you have either been very busy while have been away, or have
licensed some cool code!

The benefits of open source.

One minor bugette -- on the page

http://www.lug.sthost.com/article.php?sid=12&mode=&order=0&thold=0

the text of my comment has the 'wallpaper' behind it which makes it
unreadable.

yes, see what you mean.
Will have a look at that

Another more serious one:

Selecting an 'other option' throws up:

Warning: Access denied for user: 'lug@localhost' (Using password: YES) in
/usr/home/l/u/lug/public_html/mainfile.php on line 42

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'lug@localhost'
(Using password: YES) in /usr/home/l/u/lug/public_html/mainfile.php on line
42
Unable to select database

The host had a couple of database problems tonight I think.
The database was stopped, that's what caused the problems I believe, not my code.
I hope this isn't a bad sign (of the host)
All the functions work OK now, and I havent done anything.

Also, the look is a bit plain for my taste...

It is possible to choose your own theme (skin)
If you look at 'your account' you can choose one - but there is only one available at present.
I will upload some more.

You can even had your own html to the front page.

The whole site is dynamically generated, so can be personalised for each user.

But, good for you for actually getting down and delivering something!

Thanks

Lawrence