 Local / United Kingdom / 6679
Re: Guarded Inn now available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 19:30:53 GMT

It just struck me that not all LUGNET readers might appreciate one of the
features that this set contains. To castle fanatics, it would go without
saying, but for some who missed out on this series, or maybe some younger
readers might not realise that there was a special modular design in this
set and its contemporaries. That is, the wall ends all have the same
matching shape, and a technic pin to plug them end-to-end, to create one
castle masterpiece. I don't have a full list of all the sets that featured
this design (maybe a castle fan has such a list), but I think there was a
good half dozen or so, maybe more. I don't remember it being an especially
well publicised feature at the time either... you just had to have a couple
of sets and realise you could fit them together, courtesy of this design.

From a conversation with Lawrence W at the last fest, I understand he
proposes to resurrect this idea, on a larger scale (of course), for a joint
build effort at a future fest. I'll let him take over the story if he
wishes...

Regards,

Phil in Yorkshire.
PS: Just as an aside, I notice this new set (10000) already has a feedback
rating. I take it from this that you can feedback sets you don't have, which
makes the system more suspect than I realised. (Mind you, who checks you
have got it anyway, the LEGO police?) It's just that NOBODY can have got the
new set yet.