 Local / United Kingdom / 6456
Re: Basic Buckets anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 10:02:56 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Darren Chapman writes:

"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:GCzB7J.29q@lugnet.com...

"Jason Briscoe" <jason-shirley@briscoej.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
Best buys of all were adventurer dino island sets, 5955 for £7.50 and a • small green technic motorbike for £1
I was wondering if at these prices the stuff was hot, however for so many
stalls and to be at three separate boot sales makes me wonder? in case • your
wondering yes! I bought a shed load.

I have posted before regarding a trader at a 'car boot' I regularly attend
who every week has a range of latest lego sets on offer at 1/2 price - • well
half his price anyway - which is about 30-40% off what you would see at
Lego, TRU, etc.

Sigh. Why do the boot fairs I end up at have nothing like this. Down in
Folkestone/Dover the boot fairs have plenty of fake perfume and bulk packs
of loo rolls but actual bargains? Nope.

There is one in Edinburgh which as a "no new stuff" rule which manages to
keep away the 2 for pound sock sellers etc. However, there is still very
little decent Lego.

Three boot fairs this weekend - only one had lego and that was overpriced,
damaged, and polluted with megablocks!

Try searching www.adtrader.co.uk for your postcode... it shows a 8880 in Leeds.

Scott A

Darren