 Local / United Kingdom / 645
    Re: Payment to the UK —Jon D Hayward
   I have found that my banks in the UK (Midland HSBC and Halifax) are happy to accept _most_ non-Sterling cheques. They tend to use a sliding scale of charges from nothing(!) for sub 20GBP value cheques at the Halifax up to about 8GBP (~13USD) for (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: Payment to the UK —Huw Millington
    (...) to (...) I have been handling US$ checks for a while, both through LEGO transactions and my shareware efforts. Barclays accept personal checks drawn on US banks no problem and charge a sliding scale 4-9GBP depending on the *total* value of (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)