 Local / United Kingdom / 6404
Re: Something for everyone at the South Coast LegoFest - SCLF 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 19:33:20 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lawrence Wilkes"
Space:
Plenty of MOCs (including giant 928), collections (including 1593s)

I should clarify that the 'giant 928' shown is not strictly a MOC. It is a
factory-built shop display model that I purchased from a chap who had
imported it from UAE, having been in a toy shop there that closed down.
Ditto the old concorde that Michael LeCount has done a great job recreating
in fresh clean bricks. Old shop display items are one of my main collecting
interests ;-)

The 928 is fitted with internal flashing lights and runs from a 24VAC
supply, and is glued together. It is based on being double-scale. So a good
start to building your own would be 4 x 928 sets...

Regards,

Phil
PS: Please add my congratulations to Jason for a successful fest.