 Local / United Kingdom / 6105
Re: Is it me or is LUGNETvery slow this side of the Atlantic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 15:07:13 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Daniel Crichton writes:
"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message
It seems to haven been slow for a couple of days -- even on my leased line
here at work...

Seems fine from here - UK on Easynet with a 2Mbps line. What I have found is
that if I haven't connected to a newsgroup (I'm using Outlook Express for
news access, not web based news access via LUGNET) there is a long delay,
I'm guessing there is some sort of check going on at the server if my name
and address are being passed in the connection attempt to make sure I'm
allowed to post, or the code used to generate the list of message ids for
NNTP is really slow.

   And, of course, I'm fine on a T1 from the Netherlands (web access).

   best

   Lindsay