 Local / United Kingdom / 5954
Re: LUG & LTC dates of formation update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 20:11:35 GMT

"Tony Priestman" <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:FYOlgMAgwso6EwRV@you-rang.demon.co.uk...
On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Todd Lehman (<3aa29f04.91709731@lugnet.com>) wrote
at 20:18:59

If anybody else thinks that we really should get something tangible off
the ground, please make yourselves known by responding to this post.

On the other hand, if you think that the way things are at the moment,
with a loose affiliation based around lugnet.loc.uk, is all we need,
please stand up and say that as well.

The loose affiliation is working OK at the moment and is probably all we
need given the relatively small number of people here.

I can see no real reason for having a LUG (until that is LEGO officially
recognises such bodies and provides sponsorship :-) )

I'm definitely of the opinion that we need an events manager, though

I would agree. Someone to balance the calendar and ensure a good geographic
spread of locations. Again, it seems to be working pretty well at the moment
for the size of events we are having just now, but I know you have ideas for
a massive event, organised one year in advance, which obviously would need
an 'organising committee'

An ideal candidate as 'event manager' would be someone who has been to the
most 'fests
:-)

Perhaps when/if Todd changes the structure of the .loc areas we could have a
lugnet.loc.uk.events topic.

Huw