 Local / United Kingdom / 5801
Re: Is there a country wide shortage of 2001 SW sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 12:41:46 GMT

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message

They had loads of TIEs and Shuttles a week before Xmas,...

Then you were lucky.  Ocean Park hasn't re-stocked since before Christmas.

It was great to have those 2 sets to open on Xmas day :)

Old stock from the storeroom.  A lot of battered boxes was it?

Quite a few battered large technic sets, and lots of small sets like Artic
in pieces, but 99% of the SW stock was mint, just pre-2001.

TRU Solihull IS my local toy shop! Woolworths used to be OK for Lego too but
the stores around here (Shirley & Acocks Green in Birmingham) usually have 2
or 3 Slizer sets and a couple of Artic and nothing else, even the Solihull
store only has Bionicle. I might just have to order the sets from Shop@Home,
but I have a tendency to refuse to pay more than MSRP.

The only good thing I found at TRU last night was the Technic Driver set -
now my UCS X-Wing and TIE have pilots (although the Technic Drivers are just
a little too big, but near enough to look OK), now I just have to paint them
and remould the helmets to look at bit more realistic (and find a way of
making that damn R2-D2 bigger!).

Dan