 Local / United Kingdom / 5711
Re: Most useless plentiful part?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:41:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Steve Lane writes:
It occurred to me while sifting through my lego that the ubiquitous blue
connector peg with bush must be the most useless basic piece of lego. I have
dozens lying about, leftover from the old robochopper set.

32054 Technic Pin Long with Stop Bush, to give it it's lugnut ref, Does
anyone actually use it regulary? or does it just take up space?

They're also blue, their is very little blue Technic for them to blend in
with, in fact their blueness could be what I hate about them most. All they
can do is hold two parts together and prevent them from spinning, but then
the bush part sticks out of the end as an unsightly and useless appendage.

They are good in modular designs. I quite like these parts - I think they
come in red, blue, black and perhaps white? But you are correct, there are
too many of them. Other useful, but too common parts must be the 14t & 24t
bevel/crown gears - I am sure these elements can self replicate.

Scott A

I would think they would be the right peice for the job, perhaps once in
every millionth model built.

These pieces are the useless brother of the ubiquitious and invaluble black
Technic connector.

Yours

Lego Mad Steve